The Wednesday night matchup featuring the OKC Thunder and the Chicago Bulls will be an interesting event, the first game back in OKC for Billy Donovan since taking over as coach of the Bulls.
This game presents the chance for Thunder Coach Mark Daigneault to try out different rotations and schemes, after seeing Lu Dort, Darius Bazley, and Al Horford be made active for this first game of the season. It’s another opportunity for the young guys on the squad to showcase their talents, especially those who are fighting for a roster spot, (Kenrich Williams, Admiral Schofield, Isaiah Roby, etc.) Obviously, preseason is for experimentation, but the first game was missing many guys who will play key parts on this year’s team. With Lu Dort, Bazley, Al Horford, and Justin Jackson all cleared to play, expect something more along the lines of a traditional rotation. Here are some things to watch for
- What will Coach Mark’s rotations look like, (lineups, minutes played, etc.)
- Will Theo Maledon and Poku continue their impressive play from Game One?
- Does SGA make a concerted effort to focus on scoring, distributing, or a balance of both?
- How will Dort, Justin Jackson, Bazley, and Al Horford look in their Preseason debuts?
- Will Roby, Kenrich, or Schofield make the case to earn a roster spot?
The game will start at 7 p.m. local time and can be found on Fox Sports Oklahoma.